Where to Begin:
- Be sure you have texted: "FREE CLASS" to 9723221178 and have the studios APP loaded in your phone and set up so you can book your classes!
- Pick a first class that's appropriate for you. Newer students to yoga should start with the "HOT Yoga" or "BASIC Yoga" series classes. You will need to load our APP in your smart phone or go online via a PC. Instructions and sign up TAB are below. TEXT: "FREE CLASS" to 9723221178
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes before start of your first class for proper check in
- Drink plenty of water throughout your day & allow for 2 -3 hours between last meal & start of class.
- Dress in clothes that are comfortable and will continue to feel comfortable while you are sweating.
- Release all timidity & be open to instruction and large classes. Hot yoga classes were designed to be practiced in tight spaces where heat and humidity can be controlled. Similar to a crowded restaurant large yoga classes are also a sign of a higher quality yoga studio.
- Expect that yoga will challenge you and your body because it is a challenge for everyone at every level.
- Schedule your next class for the next day in order to see continued results.
- Commit to your introductory special so that you get to see the benefit of yoga for yourself.
What to bring:
- Yoga mat
- Large towel
- Facial towel
- Big bottle of water
- We do have mat and towels, and bottled water for purchase as well.
- Please deter from talking in yoga room. If you must speak please whisper quietly. Students are welcome and encouraged to socialize in the lobby and cubby areas.
- Yoga is done barefoot. Please remove your shoes and leave them outside of the yoga room.
- Please remember to take all your clothes and towels with you after class.
- Mats and towels are a must. Especially in the Hot Yoga classes. We have them for rent if needed.
- Whether you are walking in or out of the yoga room, limit how far you open the door & always close the door behind you.
- Class starts promptly. No late arrivals will be admitted. Yoga is a discipline. Be on time and don’t expect to leave before your class is over.
- Please do not talk before, during or after your class.
- Mobile phones will not be allowed in the yoga room.
- Come to class hydrated. Do not eat 1 to 2 hours before class.
- Mai Town Yoga is not responsible for any items lost or stolen. You are welcome to lock any valuables in your car you are not comfortable leaving in cubicle space.
- Beginners should opt for the back rows. You can keep and eye on those in front of you, it is easier to balance and you can judge your alignment better in the mirror.
- Try not to set your mat up directly in front of or behind another student. Stagger each row and try not to set up your mat in front of the door or cubicle space if possible.
- If you need to rest during class, kneel down on your towel and drink some water. Lying down or child's pose is also acceptable, you will cool off more quickly kneeling and the teacher will see that you are okay.
- It is important to stay until the end of class. Postures towards the end of the series are designed to cool you down, calm you and complete the class. Even if you feel like leaving, sit down, drink water and you will feel okay in a matter of minutes. Try to do one set of each of the last postures. After a few weeks you will no longer feel like leaving.
- If you have any medical conditions/injuries, please advise the teacher in advance of class.
- Abandon the competitive mind set. Yoga is absolutely non-competitive.
MTX Fitness/Mai Town Yoga Studio, Lancaster, Texas, All Rights Reserved 2012